We recently took a poll on Facebook asking for your favorite fall flavor paired with chocolate. Maple and Ginger won by a landslide. So. . . we went on a hunt for a fun fall recipe that included Chocolate, Maple and Ginger. And we’re delivering! Check out this recipe from Yummly.com.
We’ve all heard of caramel apples, but these decadent, chocolate caramel pears are sure to spruce up your autumn festivities. This recipe makes enough to feed a crowd. Perhaps you’ll consider whipping up this recipe as a unique dessert for your Thanksgiving table this year.
Dark Chocolate & Maple Caramel Pears
- 12 to 14 small pears (any variety)
- 12 to 14 skewers
- 7 oz dark unsweetened chocolate (70% cocoa or greater)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Pinch ground cayenne pepper, optional
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted unsalted walnuts or pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- Insert skewers into pears through stem end. Set aside.
- In a heat-proof bowl, set over top of a pot of barely simmering water: Add chocolate, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and, if desired, cayenne. Stir until chocolate melts. Remove from heat.
- Holding skewers, immediately dip pears in chocolate to coat; if necessary, use a heat-proof spatula to cover completely.
- Shake off excess and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Transfer pears stem side up to a parchment-lined baking sheet and set aside at room temperature until chocolate hardens, about 20 minutes. In a small saucepan, whisk maple syrup, vanilla and arrowroot. Heat on medium and cook, whisking constantly, until thick, about 5 minutes. Chill in freezer for 5 minutes, then drizzle over pears. Let cool.
Remember! You still have a few days to participate in our “Sugar Rush”. Our Fat-Ass Fudge is on sale at $15 for a half-pound and $30 for a pound until Monday. Email Linda at Linda@chocologyunlimited.com to place your order.